Nails and Co. is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy explains how we use the personal data you provide in compliance with UK data protection law and the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (GDPR). For the purposes of the GDPR, VTCT is the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
Our website address is: https://nailsand.co.uk.
Who do we process personal data about?
As a data controller, we process personal data about our customers, potential customers, business contacts, tutors, learning centre staff, our learners, third party service provider staff, consultants, legal advisors, our staff and other business partner contacts.
Why do we need to process personal data?
- We only process personal data where this is necessary for the purposes of fulfilling a service you have contracted to receive
- Establishing or negotiating agreements to providing the services you have requested,
- Promoting our own goods and services
- Managing our accounts and records
- If required by law, including responding to law enforcement authorities and competent bodies to prevent or detect crime, fraud and money laundering
Uses of your Personal Information
Nails and Co. uses your personal information to:
- Operate, maintain and monitor the Nails and Co. Members website to ensure that it remains a professionals only ordering system and maintain the security and continual improvement of the service
- Provide you with help, support and administration of any accounts you create to use our online ordering system
- Establish and deliver the products and services you have contracted to receive, including fulfilment of our own record keeping and regulatory reporting obligations
- Complete payment transactions for goods and services you have ordered such as replacement qualification certificates
- Email you with routine service updates or issues relating to your use of our services
- Respond to your requests to be contacted or answer your queries including if you telephone, email or write to us
- Resolve any complaints or disputes
- Send you offers and promotional material relating to our own products and services if you have given us your consent to do so, including industry updates, awards, events and news which may be of interest to you.
When visitors leave comments on the website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Nails and Co. does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to any third parties.
Nails and Co. are a training academy under the Skills North East Company therefore if you are an NVQ student studying at our premises your details will be held on record with Nails and Co as well as Skills North East you can contact them on 01912504590
Nails and Co. will share data with trusted partners including:
- When we are required to do so by law or similar obligation placed upon Nails and Co.
- VTCT for registration of NVQ courses and Skills North East if your course is funded by Advanced Learner Loan.
Nails and Co. may share data with trusted partners including:
- Service providers who to help us deliver our goods and services, manage email or postal mail services or arrange for deliveries. All service providers are prohibited, under contract from using your personal information for any purpose except to provide these services to Nails and Co. and they are required to maintain the confidentiality, security and lawful use of your information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Special category (sensitive) personal data
Nails and Co. may collect and process special category data, only where necessary. The special category data we use is limited to:
- Evidence of physical or mental health or condition required to provide confirm eligibility for special learner adjustments on NVQ courses. This may include evidence of your condition or needs such as a medical report, details of your needs relating to a disability, or learning difficulties. Nails and Co. will not process this information for any other purpose. You have a right to withdraw your consent for processing this special category information at any time except where the processing relates to an overriding legal or regulatory obligation placed upon Nails and Co. Withdrawing consent for processing medical data may result in the withdrawal or refusal for learning support arrangements.
- Nails and Co. may collect and process information such as race, religion and ethnicity where we are legally required to report on statistics relating to equal opportunities, discrimination and diversity.
- Nails and Co. does not include special category personal information in relation to any automated processing or profiling activities.
Where you have given your express consent to receive marketing communications, we may use your personal data to send you newsletters, surveys, information about our awards and events, offers, and promotions, related to products and services offered by Nails and Co. which may be of interest to you.
Where you have consented to marketing communications, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
We use data processing packages outside the EU and all of our data processing packages hold the necessary contracts and agreements to hold information confidential. For your information we use Zoho Data management systems to hold our database, create e-marketing and provide our chat facility on our website, all of which is designed to support you in any enquiries.
We also use Opencart for our membership registration on the Nails and Co website and Xero for accountancy purposes.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for the duration of any contract between us, and for a period of six years following its termination or expiry, to ensure we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements. We will delete any personal information on CRM management systems 2 years after the last communication from you. Company records will still be held for 6 years, this includes customer invoices for purchases and certification with us.
If you leave a comment on our website, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Security of your Personal Information
Nails and Co. secures your personal information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Nails and Co. has adopted best practice standards and techniques to manage the security of your personal information throughout its life cycle, from creation to destruction.
Our computer servers and applications operate in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, damage or destruction. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption. We use PayPal and Worldly as our payment processors. Our computers that process your personal data online are routinely monitored and tested to protect against cybercrime.
Where you create an account to use our online services and software tools, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We advise you not to share your password or use a password you commonly use on other websites as the transmission of information over the internet is not guaranteed to be secure.
Under the GDPR, and UK data protection law, you have specific rights over the processing of your personal data. These include:
- A general right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- A general right to have your information processed securely
- A right to request access (e.g. receive a copy of the personal data Nails and Co. holds about you).
- A right to have inaccurate personal data corrected (rectification).
- A right to be informed about how long your personal information will be retained.
- A right to request erasure of your personal data if Nails and co. has no legal, statutory or regulatory reason for processing it.
- A right to restrict the processing of your personal information causing, or likely to result in harm or distress (subject to Nails and Co’s legal obligations for processing).
- A right to portability in certain circumstances (i.e. to have your personal data provided in machine readable format to another organisation without constraint)
- A right to object to the processing conducted by Nails and Co. (e.g. for direct marketing purposes)
- A right to have any automated processing and the logic used explained to you.
- A right to complain to the UK data protection supervisory authority (the UK Information Commissioner if you believe your rights have been breached and Nails and Co. have been unable to resolve the issue, and a further right to obtain judicial remedy through the courts if your complaint is upheld. For more information in how to make a formal complaint to the regulator, visit www.ico.gov.uk)
If you would like to exercise any of the rights listed above, please write to the Nails and Co’s Data Protection Officer at the address below. We will explain any applicable exceptions to these rights in our response.
Changes to this Statement
Nails and Co. will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Nails and Co. encourages you to periodically review this Statement to stay informed of how we are protecting your information.
Nails and co. welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we has not adhered to this Statement, or have any concerns about how we process your personal data please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.